The training program in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism is at the Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center (WSU/DMC).This is a single-campus large urban medical school and medical center located near downtown Detroit. WSU/DMC serves a predominantly urban African-American population and also draws additional diverse patient population from the surrounding areas.
Patient education, counseling and end-of-life care will be taught by example when appropriate in specific interactions with patients and their families. Other issues that concern palliative care for terminally ill patients are discussed as appropriate.
Quality assessment, quality improvement, risk management and cost effectiveness are discussed in all clinical and laboratory settings throughout this program. Ethics and professionalism are considered in all patient interactions, in grand rounds and committee meetings.
- Ambulatory Care (Outpatient Clinics)
- Inpatient Consultation and Care
- Required Scholarly Activity
- Weekly Core Curriculum Lecture (Endocrinology Grand Rounds) and Case Presentations
- Endocrine Case Discussion small group sessions
- Medical Grand Rounds
- Diabetes Focus Group
- Fellow Journal Club
- Fellow Research Conferences
- Endocrine Laboratory Research Conferences (electives)
- Attendance of National Endocrine Conferences
- Endocrine Board Review Intensive Courses
- Fellowship Curriculum Committee