Weekly Core Curriculum Lecture & Case Presentations
- Educational Purpose: To discuss a variety of disease of endocrinology and metabolism in greater depth than at the bedside of the ambulatory care setting. Correlation with endocrine biochemistry, physiology an pathophysiology is expected.
- Teaching Method: Case discussion or lectures by a faculty, an invited guest and/or trainee.
- Disease Mix: All endocrine diseases are discussed. Those low frequency disorders that might not be encountered by trainee during the program are discussed.
- Procedures and Services: Appropriate use of biochemical testing, imaging and biopsy as well as review of above studies, cytology and pathology may be the subject of the conference.
- Evaluation: Trainees who give conferences will be evaluated by attending physicians. Their performance in this venue is part of their overall evaluation by attending physicians and the program director. See section on evaluation, below.
- Frequency: Weekly.